Thursday, February 11, 2010

So I Watched Gamer Last Night...

.
... and I find it really odd that there can be a movie that was directed by the duo behind the magnificently bonkers Crank films that I find myself without much to say about. It was just sorta there. I watched it, and then it was over, and it wasn't there, and I didn't really notice much either way. Gerry was just too dour a protagonist and lacked that sparkle Jason Statham charges the absurdity with. Blah.

There were a couple Neveldine/Taylor-branded WTF? moments worthy of their previous efforts (faves being Alison Lohman in dreadlocks and Michael C. Hall's entire performance), but mostly, meh. Big meh. Huge meh!

But! I've obviously gotta post a few images from the following scene, involving Milo Ventimiglia as a pervy horn-dog avatar accosting Gerry Butler's wife inside "the game" because, well, I just gotta. You'll understand.


See? Just had'ta. You understand.
.

5 comments:

J.D. said...

TIGHTNESS.

Jwise said...

god I hated this movie. was nice to see Milo playing himself though

Hugh Man said...

Absolutely agree. I could barely follow and all the extras were so lackluster they actually said the movie was rushed. Good screengrab though. I rewound this bit a couple times.

shawnp said...

I have to admit a minor jaw drop in reaction to MCH's musical interlude.

Rusty said...

Milo's best role since Jess on GG