Monday, February 15, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- May I Again - Saw this news at the end of the day on Friday, but perhaps y'all missed it - May director Lucky McKee is reteaming with May star Angela Bettis for a horror film based on a story by horror writer Jack Ketchum. It's a sequel to a movie that apparently came out last year called Offspring, which McKee and Bettis had nothing to do with but was also written by Ketchum. The sequel will be called Offspring: The Woman. So the title's not exactly lighting my hopes on fire, and my fire was dampened by what a dreary wreck Roman was (where Bettis directed McKee in a weird inverse of May), but here's to hoping these two can capture lightning in a bottle again, cuz May is genius.

--- Ra Ra Romans - Nat needs convincing over at The Film Experience to see (or to even want to see) Neil Marshall's Centurion. He's sharing my Michael Fassbender obsession these days (it seems to be a communal contagion, spreading quick), but isn't so keen on the violence that will surely occur within... here's the trailer from last week if you missed it. Supa-psyched!

--- Bring Back The Real Bob - The news from Marty Scorsese's own mouth that he and Robert DeNiro are considering teaming up for another film (mobsters, natch) makes me a happy boy, because it's a sad state, what DeNiro's become lately, and it'd make me happy to see him try this thing called "acting" again.

--- In The Genes - Rumors were swirling last week that Vincento Natali's film genetic-horror flick Splice, which stars Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley and that I've been following for ages now, might get a big as in huge release this Summer. Opinions were mighty mixed on it when it played at Sundance, but everybody seemed to agree that the visuals, and the bizarre-looking critter at its heart, are truly something to behold.

--- And finally, io9 does a good job rounding up some rumors circling (the drain of) Christopher Nolan's third Batman film. Robin! Riddler! And.. Lex Luthor? Oh, my.
.

1 comment:

Dale said...

I just saw May last Thursday night, and yeah, it was excellent. I'll buy the DVD when I get the chance. I didn't like McKee's The Woods nearly so much - it started out well but became an incoherant mess - but I'll definitely try to track down the Offspring sequel, shitty title and all.