Monday, February 01, 2010

The Golden Trousers '09: An Introduction

.

Well, the time has arrived! The time when I randomly decide random things worth, to me. Hooray!

I saw about 90 new movies last year (plus around 220 movies not made in 2009), and what follows over the course of the next five days are my favorite bits and pieces, hunks and chunks, from those 90-ish films. No big whoop. Just me, and my love of random (violent) (gratuitous) garbage. The usual.

Before we do jump in let me just say that there are plenty of movies I haven't gotten around to seeing yet (sorry Whip It! and The Messenger) and that there are a couple movies that for some irrelevant / deranged reason or another I decided don't count towards 2009, even though they maybe never really got a proper release here in the US and/or I only got the opportunity via DVD to see them within these 12 months, because honestly my brain gave up on figuring out release-date shenanigans....

A few examples of great stuff that I loved that I couldn't figure out
what year to place 'em in and threw my hands up in exhaustion at...

So my apologies to them, I love you too, you just slipped between the cracks. Maybe if I ever get to that Decade list... (ha). And my apologies to the films I didn't get around to seeing, I do have to sleep or play videogames sometimes. I mean, god.

Anyway. Let's get on with it.
Cel-ah-brate good times, come on!

.

No comments: