Monday, December 07, 2009

Raise The Roof, Jimmy Marsden

.

I love Alan Tudyk. Y'all know this. Looking through my past Tudyk posts, this is the fifth time that I have posted that above shot of him from Death at a Funeral. And I've never even seen that movie! Just his naked scene. Which, from what I've heard, was enough. But why am posting that shot again? Because I see that Funeral's remake has a trailer and in that trailer it's revealed that the character Tudyk played is now played by James Marsden. James Marsden!


(via) Meaning James Marsden will apparently be doing the naked-rooftop-run this time. That's something worth knowing, I'd wager, no? Hopefully James takes it as far (one dare not wish for further... dare one?) as Alan did. Speaking of, here's a bunch more of Alan in Funeral that I can't believe I've never posted before...
.
.

4 comments:

RJ said...

Maybe the most unnecessary movie remake in history. The original was hardly the most dry British humor, but the accents scared people away, I guess ...

Anonymous said...

After unleashing on gratuitous remakes yesterday with the Brothers post, I was all ready to do it again here ("British English-->American English. Really??") but then I watched the new trailer and I guess they really are trying for a new viewpoint.

But British English-->African American English. Really??

olins said...

Male nudity without peen is like tits without nipples, nice but so much less than it could have been.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a reversal of the old early 60's habit of remaking black R&B songs with white groups.

Do they really have so little imagination that they'd cast Peter Dinklage in the same part twice? Yes, they do.

Are they really so bankrupt as to do an English language remake of an English language original?