Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Will The Real Uday Please Stand Up

.

On the left is Mamma Mia! actor Dominic Cooper. In the center is Saddam Hussein's infamous son Uday. And on the right is Latif Yahia, the man who played Uday's body double for security purposes. Well apparently Dom Cooper's playing Yahia in a new film and I have to say, looking at pictures, it's not really as offensive as it seemed like it ought to be to me at first. I don't know what ethnicity his parents are but for a Brit Dom's actually pretty dark... the eyes, the hair, and with a tan (which he's usually got, I mean look at him above...) I guess he could pass.

Anyway I'm probably less offended than I ought to be just because I'll always take a new chance to watch him in a movie no matter what (just like Jake's casting in Prince of Persia, obviously), so that's a factor too, naturally.
.

1 comment:

DuchessKitty said...

I can totally see Cooper playing this role. I just saw him in "An Education" and he came off very exotic and foreign. But in the past he's just been a kind of "black Irish" Brit to me.