Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quote of the Day

.
SlashFilm got to visit the set of the Prince of Persia movie earlier this year and just posted a chat with the film's star Jake Gyllenhaal. They're talking a bunch about all the crazy stunts and scenes he was thrown into the midst of when Jake shares with us this:

"... if you don’t try to do it, then you’ll regret it for the rest of the time, because that’s what these movies afford you, an opportunity to do crazy sh*t that you wouldn’t normally be able to do. (laughs) I remember there’s a whole scene with ostriches in the movie and there are real live ostriches, not CG ostriches. There’s not a CG’ed ostrich in this movie. They’re all real ostriches, highly paid, and we were all briefed on them for weeks before like “They’re these massive destructive creatures that can tear your heart out with their claws.” (laughs) I swear to God I never thought of an ostrich this way! And I was shaking in my boots when they finally brought them out and they’re (does an ostrich impression) and I walked up to it and one of my stuntmen was in the ring with them, and finally, I was like, “When am I going to be in a f*cking cage with ostriches again in my life? I gotta get in here!” So I got in there and they were the sweetest things."

All I need from this is to know precisely what "(does an ostrich impression)" entails. But I must know this! Why is there no video??? Gah!
.

No comments: