Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Paranormal For The Holidays

.
Well that's quick. The DVD for Paranormal Activity is due out in five weeks. Says STYD:

"Paramount Home Entertainment has officially announced December 29th as the DVD/Blu-Ray release of Paranormal Activity.

The Paranormal Activity DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround (theatrical version only) and English, French and Spanish subtitles.

The two-disc Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital (theatrical version only) and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. Special features include:
- Unrated version with alternate ending not seen in theaters
- Digital copy of theatrical version (Blu-ray only)"

Oh yes, y'all, make sure you get this for Blu-Ray, I'm sure you'll see every cent of the 11,000 bucks it cost up there on your screen. Ack.

While I still maintain that the film was fun (although decidedly not groundbreaking or earth-shatteringly terrifying like it's been sold to be) I have to admit a bit of a cynicism when it comes to the marketing machine that pushed this film on us now. Especially with the email I got this morning pushing this special edition DVD on me with all these bells and whistles (it comes with a t-shirt! A t-shirt! Whee!) because "You were one of the ones who made it happen! You demanded it!" Oh hooray for me! I made Steven Spielberg a buncha more money! I can sleep better tonight, for sures. Ugh. I feel used.
.

No comments: