Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gratuitous Goran Visnjic

.

I spotted this news yesterday (via):

"Variety reports that Goran Visnjic is joining the Mike Mills film Beginners, opposite Ewan McGregor, Melanie Laurent, and Christopher Plummer. For some reason, they’re still being cagey about the logline and characters, but Movieline has learned that Visnjic will be playing Andy, Plummer’s headstrong boyfriend. It’s a Gay-December romance for the ages!"

I was going to rant about what a ridiculous pair those two make - Visnjic and Plummer, that is - but then I looked up a recent picture of Plummer and, ya know, for a really old dude he's still attractive. Age has settled well onto his features anyway. I mean, the man's 80 next month, so no, just no, but it could be far worse I guess is what I'm saying. And he did call The Sound of Music "The Sound of Mucous" so he'll always have that point in his favor.

Aaanyway there's a little bit more about the plot for Beginners at that last link there:

"McGregor plays a young man rocked by two announcements from his elderly father (Plummer)…one, that he has terminal cancer, and two, that he’s coming out of the closet. The role of Plummer’s handsome younger boyfriend has not yet been cast, but we’re frankly shocked that the famously gay-friendly McGregor (soon to be seen canoodling with Jim Carrey in I Love You Phillip Morris) isn’t playing that part instead."

Well with any luck Goran can help the grieving and confused Ewan through his grief. With sexy results! Of course. Who wants to watch a bunch of not sexy grieving anyways?

But from there I spun off onto a Goran drenched tangent for a bit, and it got me thinking - why did this fellow never become a bigger star? I guess he was comfortable soaking in nine straight years of ER and didn't feel the need to push his luck too bad. The only movies I've ever seen him in was The Deep End with Tilda and Welcome to Sarajevo, both of which I remember thinking him good in. And he's certainly got the looks. Well perhaps now that ER has sputtered its final death-rattle at last he'll find more work. Til then...

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting those lovely pics!

And about Goran's career: I believe it's not just that he was "comfortable soaking in nine straight years of ER", but he was bound by contracts to stay on as long as he did.

Here's hoping for a long and sucessful movie career for Goran!