Monday, November 23, 2009

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans in 150 Words or Less

.
Not nearly as nutty as advertised!

I suppose it's another case of my expectations beforehand getting in the way of my viewing of actual film - an occurrence far too usual now that I spend every day nose-deep in that shit - but this is a far less insane movie than I planned on seeing.

Cage is better than he's been in anything I've seen him in in years but I've spent the bulk of the past several years actively avoiding him in anything so I've missed plenty. That said, the film, save a couple very funny bits, never socked me in the gut or rattled my brain like I'd hoped for.

I do find the strange final ten minutes or so sort of fascinating though, in a way that might invite a second viewing. I don't think that ending is what the surface is selling it to be.
.

No comments: