Tuesday, October 06, 2009

It's Called The Courage of Others, by Midlake

.
I don't know why the band Midlake randomly popped into my head just now - the news has been so quiet on that front for so long that I'd nearly given up on ever hearing new music from them. But pop into my mind they did, so I went and checked their website for the first time probably in a couple of months and lo n' behold, a whiff of news! From a post on August 13th:

"Midlake is happy to announce that ‘The Courage of Others’ is rapidly approaching the finish line of completion. The finishing touches are being put upon the long anticipated album and mixing has already commenced. It has been quite a journey, with its fair shares of ups and downs, but the band can’t wait to share the fruits of labor with everyone. No official release date has been announced, but stay tuned for one in the coming weeks. Sincere thanks and appreciation to everyone for their patience and support…"

There are a couple of interviews linked after the date of this post but nothing specific is said about a date yet. But still, I loooved these guys last album, The Trials of Van Occupanther. Which came out three fucking years ago. Gah! Y'all are killing me, guys. Anyway, as a refresher, here's their song "Roscoe" which still kicks unholy ass anyway - and was recently voted by 309th out the top 500 songs of the decade by Pitchfork! - and I'll keep my ear to the ground until it falls off and turns to dust for news about the new album:

.

.

No comments: