Monday, October 12, 2009

I Am Link

.
--- BS X4 - Bryan Singer wants to make another X-Men movie. I want Bryan Singer to make another X-Men movie. Is that enough to make it happen? I don't know. It's a travesty it can't be the Dark Phoenix story that he gets his mitts on since he built towards it and then Ratner shat it out in his Part 3. Well maybe Bryan'll make the second Wolverine movie. Or the one with Ryan Reynolds. Whatever. I'm down! Do it.

--- Kill Batman - Charlie Kaufman is worried. Well he is Charlie Kaufman. But right now he's worried about something specific! The state of the movie industry worries him. I hear ya man, but how the heck did Synechdoche cost twenty million dollars? Really?

--- Angie In - I like Angelina Jolie just fine, but I like Charlize Theron a whole lot, so this is a downgrade as far as I'm concerned, especially knowing that whomever has the part is opposite Sam Worthington and he and Charlize together would've made me hump the screen until my crotch fell off. Hmm, maybe it's a good thing then, this recasting.

--- Learning, With Chuck - Over at his website, Chuck Palahniuk has offered up thirteen writing tips. This one struck me as especially important:

"Number Eleven: Get author book jacket photos taken now, while you're young. And get the negatives and copyright on those photos."

Hmm, like that picture there to the right, Chuck? You haven't looked like that in quite awhile. Anyway, I have a picture of myself in the womb that's perfect, and will only need a little photo-shop (my thighs are a bit wide).

--- Make The Film In - I'm fascinated by the decision to shoot the Let the Right One In remake on sound-stages in New Mexico. This strikes me as so odd. So much of the original's power was from the icy Scandinavian setting. Because it's the newly resurrected Hammer Films that's producing Let Me In I'm having flashbacks to the terrific fake-looking sets of their classic horror movies from the 60s and 70s and my mind's running off with me, imagining that for this movie, when I doubt they'll go in that direction in the end. But still. It's a fascinating idea.

--- Changed Activity - If you've seen Paranormal Activity by now and were wondering what was different about it from the original version that screened way back when - and yes, it's a little bit different - then you'll want to read this piece at Cinematical. But only read it if you've seen the film! It's spoilerriffic.

--- Fox Fire - While Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are rides in this Friday on a wave of astonishingly positive word-of-mouth (I decided after reading Harry Knowles' drool-fest of a review that I need to not read any more reviews because my expectations are so out-of-this-world that I need to hold myself back), the tide (not to mention the crew of the film itself) seems to be turning on Wes Anderson's The Fantastic Mr. Fox, at least if you read through this article at the LAT. Jinkies. But I'm still psyched for the movie; plenty of good stuff has come from rough sets.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At freakin' last! With any luck, Singer will take an approach with X-Men: Whatever not unlike what he did with Superman Returns: he'll simply pretend that its breathtakingly craptastic predecessor doesn't exist.

Bret Ratner, Simon Kinberg, and Zak Penn all owe me my money back, the wankers.