Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You Got Your Aronofsky In My Haneke

.

How sweet mother of crap! The other week when I bought tickets for a couple of movies playing at the New York Film Festival I also snatched up the chance to hear Michael Haneke speak. I saw him at a Q&A a couple of years ago and enjoyed it and, frankly, I just will never miss the chance to be in his presence. He's my Dalai Lama. Only instead of prayer beads and sandals he's all about knife wounds and anguish.

Anyway! It hadn't even occurred to me that this Q&A might be any different than the last one and the person doing the Q'ing might not be some generic film festival representative. I was wrong! I got this notice via my email today:

Just announced!
Moderators for our HBO Films Directors Dialogues Series

Michael Haneke (The White Ribbon), in conversation with Darren Aronofsky

My apologies, I cannot type anymore right now - it is too difficult to manage while dancing in a circle and screaming and waving my hands over my head in foolish, ecstatic joy. Whee!
.

No comments: