Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Splice Is Coming Out This Weekend?

.

Really? Splice you might recall is the new film by Vincenzo Natali, the director of Cube, and it stars Sarah Polley and Adrien Brody as geneticists that have messed with Mama Nature and created something wrong. I posted on it a full two years ago and had only heard random bits here and there since then. I swear that I did read something about it within the past couple of weeks actually but it escapes me right now - perhaps it screened at a festival? I don't know.

Anyway, that's what its IMDb page is saying, that it's out on September 18th, but I can't find any more info on it. Anybody got anything more? Must see! Cube is terribly underrated and... well, Sarah fuckin' Polley. I guess Guillermo Del Toro's tossed his name onto it as producer; whatever gets it released. Here's the Alien-inspired (yeah, let's be nice and say "inspired") poster:

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also seems a little...well, Species with that green logo.