Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Michael Fassbender's Dip In Eden Lake

.
Well here we are, continuing the in-real-time detailing of a descent into madness that is my new and exciting Michael Fassbender obsession. Whee! We're all having fun! Seriously, the one-two punch I had this past Sunday of seeing Inglourious Basterds a second time and adoring his performance therein followed directly by a viewing of his 2008 horror film Eden Lake wherein he romps around for a good while in swim trunks... well I didn't really have a choice. The choice was made for me!

Eden Lake, for the record, is a movie that made me feel old. And not just because Michael Fassbender and I are approximately the same exact age (he's three months older) and he looks approximately a billion times better in swim trunks (sigh). No, it's an Evil Teenagers movie (that is not a spoiler, you get that's where it's going about ten minutes in) and these movies always make me feel old. Even when I was a kid, I just get so goddamned riled up at Evil Teenagers. Stay off my lawn! Cut your fucking hair! Ugh. It's an alright movie, Fassbender's good (although I thought the girlfriend character was terribly annoying). It has some tense going's on. I wasn't as enamored with it overall as a lot of horror blogs were though. Except... Fassbender in swim trunks. That's a keeper.

.

8 comments:

J.D. said...

Boo, Kelly Reilly rocked.

Jason Adams said...

Well I made sure to single out that it was her character that annoyed me, JD, not her performance so much, if that makes sense. I didn't like the way she was written. Course, if Miss Reilly were giving a performance that overcame those shortcomings maybe we wouldn't be talking about it here. ;-) But really, she had crap to work with. That girl was a dummy.

J.D. said...

I stand by my point, you loon.

Rich said...

Have been away for a few days and just caught up with the blog. Thanks for the M Fassbender pics. I share your enthusiasm having seen Basterds!

Prospero said...

Hey, JA - You've been linked by Towleroad!

Anonymous said...

After seeing Michael Fassbender's pics on NY Times, I became obsessed as well. I went out to my local library and rented Hex. Not a very good british tv series but it's watchable and it has M Fassbender as a fallen angel. I need to see Basterds and am waiting for a couple of his DVDs to be released. I tried watching Eden Lake but just couldn't.

Anonymous said...

Just go and see Fish Tank. Nearly lost my breath in the tea making scene... :)

Jason Adams said...

It's not out yet though, right? Believe me, it's on my list! LOVE HIM.