Friday, August 21, 2009

The Year Is Almost 3/4s Done...

... and I can't think of anything - perhaps some scenes in Drag Me To Hell - that has brought me as much pleasure as the opening scene (also the closing scene, and everything in between, but especially the opening scene) of Julia.


And precisely the moment when "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" by The Eurthymics kicks in and wasted (always wasted) Tilda-as-Julia tries to strike a pose and misses the beat and looks a mess while doing it, and wham, the title-card. Joy. Just plain unfettered intoxicating (intoxicated) joy.

I literally danced around my apartment when I got my copy yesterday. Has anybody gotten the chance to see it now that hadn't before it came out on DVD this week? Thoughts? I imagine I will post on this film often in the future, near - this is already the second post this week! - and far, so be prepared for that sort of thing.
.

No comments: