Monday, August 17, 2009

Taxidermia in 150 Words or Less

.
I am both profoundly disturbed and deeply honored that many of you saw this movie and thought to tell me that I would love it.

Love... love is a funny word, my friends. It can mean the love one gives to a pig carcass in the middle of the cold winter's night, or it can mean the love a rooster feels for the tip of an erect flame-shooting penis. Love can be that funny feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when your lady-love is covered in red-caviar barf, or it can be the desire to stuff handfuls of grass into the exploded gut of your morbidly obese father's corpse.

Love is a funny word.

Taxidermia is a funny fucking movie. Notsomuch funny ha-ha. More like funny ha-hey-ohmygodstopSTOPIamgonnabesick-huh. Huh?

I will never forget it though. Is that love? Well... it's certainly a lot of something.
.

6 comments:

Joe Reid said...

Just hearing about this makes me want to never see another movie ever again.

Hugh Man said...

you might want to put up a nsfw for the fire penis, but then again I don't know what I expected. Amusing that my word verification is "Testo"

Michael Seth said...

i'm so glad you saw it. i can't wait to see it in a theater again. it seriously ruined my life. i haven't been able to look at the human body the same since.

did you see grace this weekend, too? it was kind of great. not batshit great, but great.

Jason Adams said...

I did see Grace, Michael, and I can't exactly figure out how to review it. I liked a lot of it in theory more than execution, I guess? I didn't hate it or anything. There were some really good pieces and interesting ideas drifting through it. I just didn't find it especially scary. There was this weird limp tension to it. I dunno. I look forward to seeing what he does next. There's promise there. I just expected a little more here, I suppose, after all the talk of people fainting and what-not. More of my expectations cursing me I guess.

Glenn Dunks said...

Yay! I'm glad you were finally able to see this. I feel so strange having "quite liked" this movie.

oracle said...

This movie follows three generations of some odd men in Hungary. The first is a sexually frustrated soldier in the second world war, who dreams sexually of his comrade's wife and kids. Here is not much information for download movie so if you like to download Taxidermia movie then follow the link.