Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Am Link

.
--- Two Trailers - If I hadn't missed those few days that I did because of a fallen computer these trailers would presumably have gotten their own special treatment, but as I feel behind, I'm just gonna link to them: Here's the second trailer for Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are and here's the first full trailer for Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I haven't even gotten around to watching either of them myself yet so I can't offer up commentary even.

--- Third Sorta Trailer - And while I'm at it - "it" being "the posting of crap I haven't gotten around to seeing myself," here's a promo reel for George Romero's next zombie-opus Survival of the Dead.

--- Catch Ladies - I caught about half of Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can on TV recently and was reminded of what a solid entertainment that film is, so I especially enjoyed A Blog Next Door's post on all the ladies Leo encounters in the film and how it's a veritable Who's-Who of up-and-comers.

--- Got Payne - The fine director Alexander Payne has finally lined up another movie project (yes, it's been five years since the last one, Sideways) - it's based off of a novel called The Descendants which is described thusly:

"... the story follows a wealthy landowner who takes his two daughters to Hawaii on a search for his wife's lover in the hopes of keeping his family together."

Sounds right up his alley, no?

--- I Can't - Normally this news would bring about an epic-in-scope wailing-and-gnashing post but it actually makes me so upset that I'll never be able to go to this that I can't spend more time on this then just putting it out there: Paul Reubens is bring Pee Wee back... to the stage. With a bunch of the original cast. In Los Angeles. UGH!!!

--- Sam in Space - Love my bud Sean's brief but spot-on take on the Sam Rockwell flick Moon.

--- Oh, And A Fourth - Man, I forgot about this trailer too - here's the trailer for The Stepfather remake (haven't watched this yet either, sigh) and it's apparently filled-to-the-brim with Penn Badgley flesh. Whee!

--- Dewey Jr. - According to Courteney Cox, Gale and Dewey will be married and parents in the fourth Scream film. Babies in danger!

--- And finally, a new tidbit about Joss Whedon's Cabin in the Woods horror flick has been revealed. Dollhouse's geek Topher, the actor Fran Kranz, who's also in CitW, said this at some festival last week:

"[It's] basically ‘Evil Dead’ meets ‘The Truman Show."

Did we just learn it's gonna have some kind of reality show bent?
.

1 comment:

mB said...

OMG I caught the trailer for Stepfather right before Julie & Julia (and had to laugh out loud at how this was SO not the crowd for it) but I gotta say, it looks like beefcake, campy goodness from Penn and Dylan. Yum.