Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Blood, Two Blood, Three Blood, Go

They haven't cast a single person or shot a single frame, but they've released three early pieces of art-work - specifically, three concept art posters for foreign sales (I'm sure Sweden's just dying to see this one!) - for Let Me In, the American remake of Tomas Alfredson's brilliant and only-a-year-old vampire coming-of-age love(ish)-story Let the Right One In. Here they are (via):


Not bad, really. They're early and presumably the final posters and marketing won't look a whole lot like these, but they give decent feel. I like the last one best, it gave me good flashbacks to the book.

These come hot on the heels of the slight and obscure rumor that Kodi Smit-McPhee of The Road might just maybe take the lead role of Oskar (presumably Oscar-with-a-c in this remake).

I keep going back and forth something fierce with my opinion on this one. At first I was angered about the title change, then I decided that it's good their at least ever so slightly distancing it from the original. Then we won't have to specify which one we mean when we're talking about the good one at least right? I'm a Cloverfield defender too, so I don't hate director Matt Reeves. It could maybe make something interesting. I don't think it could approach the level of the original for me. But... it might have something to see. At the very least those CG cats will look better, right?
.

3 comments:

Joe Reid said...

The grammar/syntax on "From the Director of 'Cloverfield' Matt Reeves" is so incredibly distracting, I can barely muster an opinion on the film.

Mat said...

Apparently they're changing them to Owen and Abby. So, yeah.

Jason Adams said...

You're right, I didn't even notice that paragraph in the linked article where these came from. Again, torn. It thankfully distances the two films. But Eli's name MEANS something, means A LOT, in the book. What the fuck is Abby gonna mean? Her parents liked The Beatles?