Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Half-Blood Prince in 150 Words or Less

.
Bruno stumped me for a review earlier this week and now it's Potter. The film doesn't really need a review from me - I'm too big a Potter geek to do justice to the film's highs and lows anyway.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but could see what issues non-Potter-heads could have with it. I forgot until watching the film what a bridge this book is - it's all set-up for the final showdown. Great set-up filled with intrigue and adventure as far as I'm concerned, but more than any of the other films it feels incomplete, without a start or a finish. It picks up right where the last film ended and leaves us hanging at the end.

But I'm fine with that. I loved every minute. The casting directors should get a load of gold dropped onto their front lawns; everyone is spot on.

And I cried. A lot.
.

2 comments:

movie scary said...

I am a Pot head, I mean Potter head too and I can't wait to see it.

mle said...

Weren't you just waiting for the lion on her head to start roaring? I was.