Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Am Link

.
--- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know... about Ant-Man? My geekery is always in a state of catching up. Until they make the big-budget version of Madballs: The Movie - I'll get you, Dr. Frankenbeans! And your little Schnivelitch too! - they have yet to really mine a subject I was a true geek for as a kid. Archie and Uncle Scrooge comics, He-Man toys... these were my favorite things. I also spent a lot of time digging holes in the yard and sucking on pennies. Yay me!

Anyway, what I'm getting at is I didn't really ever get into comic books proper. So with the world we live in today where every character's getting a big movie, I find myself at a loss a lot of the time. Especially when it's a project being geared up by one of my favorite directors, which is where we stand with Ant-Man. I don't know anything about him. But Edgar Wright is supposed to make a movie about him! Whatever do I do? I read this delightful introduction to all-things-Ant-Man at Cinematical is what I do. Yay for fast and cheap solutions!

--- Out The Airlock - My pal Sam got to interview Laura Roslin, aka Mary McDonnell, and it's a really wonderful discussion that you need to check out. I remember the fact that Sam was unhappy with the finale and he actually discusses his issues about it with her! So jealous. I would've been all, "I loved everything, you're pretty, I want to hold your hand now..." and it would have just been uncomfortable. So good on ya, Sam, for maintaining professionalism and basically not being me.

--- Teeny Tiny Potter For You - Unless you live in NYC (hey, I live there!) or Los Angeles, you're not going to be able to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on IMAX for two whole weeks after its released - that is until July 29th, while the normal version is released on July 15th - because of that Transformers turd owning all the large movie palace asses until then.

--- Mask Envy - Wonder-gal Stacie Ponder takes a look at the many funny faces of Michael Myers. With funny results.

--- Die Dyer - You might recall me making a fuss over the British actor Danny Dyer's upcoming horror flick Doghouse... there's another trailer for the film over at Twitch.

--- And finally, via PopWrap, here's your young Brad Pitt without a shirt on fix:

. .
I totally remember this commercial. Ha.
.

3 comments:

shaun said...

Ant-Man -- the Henry Pym version anyway (the only one I'm familiar with) -- is pretty fascinating. He's assumed so many different identities over the years and is a really interesting, conflicted character. I don't think I picked up on all this as a young'n, so I'm glad I've rediscovered comics these past few years!

Stacie Ponder said...

What a wonderful interview with Mary McDonnell. I love that she asked the journalist questions and called him by name.

Sigh.

Jason Adams said...

It really is a great interview, from start to finish. McDonnell comes off as lovely and intelligent as one would expect her to. Great job, Sam!