Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Do You Remember The Time...

... when we fell in love, do you remember the time when we first met? UGH now that goddamn Michael Jackson song is stuck in my head and I'm seeing Eddie Murphy and Iman dressed like Egyptians and Michael dissolving into sand... who knew that would be what he'd actually one day turn into?

ANYWAY. That has nothing to do with anything other than I was going to ask do y'all remember that movie Spring Breakdown?


It stars Amy Poehler, Parker Posey and Rachel Dratch? I was all excited about it forever because it stars Amy Poehler, Parker Posey and Rachel Dratch for fuck's sake, but then it disappeared into nothingness because Tina Fey hates Rachel Dratch or something and we all put on sad faces and wept at the inhumanity of it all but went about our daily routines because what else can we do, there are only so many tears we can produce in a day and the milk needs to be churned and the cows need to be put away? Yeah, I'm spiraling quickly into oddness today it seems.

But anyway, Spring Breakdown is out on DVD today. It came outta nowhere, but there it is. So we can see it! I'll have it tomorrow thanks to the splendor that is Netflix. That's all I'm saying.
.

8 comments:

Fox said...

Tina Fey hates Rachel Dratch? Is that true?

You know, I kinda wondered what happened to Rachel Dratch b/c she really did seem to disappear while other SNL castmembers flourished, and now I'm wondering if Fey had something to do with that since she has so much clout these days.

Jason Adams said...

I have no evidence to support my theory really, but it's the only thing that makes any sense. Rachel was demoted from having Jane Krakowski's role on 30Rock (supposedly because The Suits wanted a pretty lady) to having a bit-part every episode as a gag... but she disappeared after only 11 appearances. And now Rachel hardly works while Tina The Mighty reigns over comedy with an iron fist... don't get me wrong, I really like Tina Fey, but it's tinged with bitterness whenever I think of poor Rachel whom I adore. I don't even hold her presence in I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry or My Life In Ruins against her because the girl's gotta work!

Michael Seth said...

I don't think Tina Fey hates Rachel Dratch. Have you seen the version of the pilot with her? It's not good. It doesn't even make sense. She's the star of this late night show, but she's like this cat lady dyke. It didn't work.

But anyway. I saw Spring Breakdown. I actually liked it a lot. It's a mess of a movie, but the cast makes it work (though Jane Lynch is wasted). I think you'll enjoy it. Definitely watch the deleted scenes. Seth Myers gets the biggest laugh in the whole movie... and it was cut. I don't know why.

Jason Adams said...

I haven't seen the pilot but yeah, I've heard it's bad. It's less the fact that Dratch was replaced then the fact that Rachel hasn't shown back up in one of her bit parts in ages, and that she was vocal about not getting any work at all ever anymore awhile ago and if she and Tina were still friends it seems like Tina might throw her a bone. And I am totally blanking on what it was but Tina had some snide joke on 30 Rock aimed directly at the premise of Spring Breakdown, like, kicking poor Rachel when she was down. Again I totally admit this is a feud fueled by my entirely outside-of-it imaginations. But it reads to me like Tina got too good for her old friend and stomped her into the dirt on her way to the top. So it must be true!

Joe Reid said...

I kind of want this rumor to make it into the mainstream, even if it leads to Tina and Rachel both denouncing it as dirty internet rumor mongering for jerks.

Lisa said...

I'm a huge fan of Rachel's! :)

That said.. check out my latest tumblr post:

http://lisalovesmaude.com/post/117064903/umm-time-warner-i-think-you-forgot-someone

It's like "hmmm you left someone very important out!".

Not sure what's up between Tina and Rachel but I dont feel it's very good, whatever it is. I'm sure there's no "hate" or anything like that, but something went wrong.

I run a fansite for Rachel over at "rachel-dratch.com", and there's a forum on the site too. I'd love to have more fans there! :)

Rachel rocks!

Lisa said...

Gave you a shout-out on my blog. :)

http://lisalovesmaude.com/post/117087514/my-new-plaid-pants-spring-breakdown-tina-fey-musings

Jason Adams said...

Joe, I want this rumor to gain traction as well, but because maybe it will force Tina's hand in giving Rachel some damn work!