Friday, May 29, 2009

Red Letter Horror Day

.
Could there be more shit up in my face today? And I mean "shit" as in "cool horror stuff that gives me tingly feelings in my deep down special places" this time. For once. Anyway, we've got Sam Raimi's Triumphant Return To Horror in theaters, we got a poster finally for the next Final Destination movie, and now this via Empire:

"Our Cannes guru ... sat down with Inglourious Basterds star Eli Roth just the other day and managed to get a few tidbits from him about the new films he has coming up: a full-length version of his Grindhouse trailer Thanksgiving, and an entirely new sci-fi film called (we can exclusively reveal) Endangered Species."

Okay it's not a lot, just a title, but hey I'm excitable today so it's doing the job. He goes on to blather some more about how he wants to shoot the sci-fi movie and tack on extra time to make Thanksgiving on the quick-and-cheap like he's been blathering on about for ages, bless his motor-mouthed blathering soul, so check that if you've got the stomach for more of him. I know many of you do not. But I'll love him forever. Or for now. Whatever.

But I do like the fact that his proposed budget (based on the crazy voices in his head) for his big sci-fi movie has gone down from 85 million in April to 60 million now. Keep going at this rate and he'll do it for six pence and a hand-job. In which case, I am this film's producer.
.

1 comment:

Miru said...

You crack me up, a six pence and a hand job! haha love it