Thursday, May 07, 2009

I Am Link

.
--- Sexing Devils - BD has got the Cannes poster for Lars von Trier's Antichrist seen there to the right... not nearly as memorable as the "We're humping on some roots with lots of creepy hands around!" one from before, but I do like the eerie tree side-border.

--- Oh sure, I was excited about this Guillermo del Toro-produced remake of "a 1973 ABC telepic about a young girl who moves in with her father and his girlfriend and discovers they are sharing the house with devilish creatures," called Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, but now they have to go and cast Katie Holmes in it? Bah humbug. There was once a day that I liked Ms. Holmes - The Ice Storm, Wonder Boys - but those days are long dead, just like the light in her eyes.

--- Hi Heath - Slash/Film has got four new photos from The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, including that new one of Heath Ledger. Sigh. Did y'all read that rave review of the film that AICN's Harry Knowles wrote up the other week though? I so hope he's on target and this flick is everything we've been wanting from Gilliam forever now. Please!!!

--- Wolfin' - I guess there are big reshoots happening on Joe Johnston's The Wolfman movie, trying to amp up some action scenes. I got Johnston confused with Stephen Sommers for some reason when I read this story and had all these Van Helsing flashbacks that made me feel ill all over again... hopefully Johnston does better than that doofus ever could.

--- Dylan Do - SciFiWire has got a pair of images from Dead of Night, that adaptation of the comic Dyan Dog about a zombie hunter starring Brandon "Hot" Routh, including one of Routh pressing his pistol up on Sam Huntington (Huntington played opposite Routh before as ace-photog Jimmy Olsen in Superman Returns, you might recall... although probably not). I don't get why they aren't calling this film Dylan Dog, though. Dead of Night is awfully goddamn generic.

--- And finally, Final Girl's Stacie Ponder has posted the third and fourth parts of her "I Made A Movie" series; click here for Part Three and here for Part Four. Reading through all her trials and tribulations in making this short film is giving me some wicked flashbacks to 'Nam film school, and how everything that could possibly go wrong when trying to make a movie will, and then those things that've gone wrong will turn around and rape you in your face. Good times!
.

2 comments:

J.D. said...

Holy crap, I love that Antichrist poster.

Dale said...

Oh fuck, Katie Holmes? Really? God damn it.