Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today's Fanboy Delusion

Today I'd rather be...


... hosing down Johnathon Schaech.


This post has been brought to you by this post I did yesterday at The Film Experience, where I wished Jessica Lange a happy 60th birthday, and by this post at PopWrap, bringing the world a new shot of Mr. Schaech in his almost-altogether:


These two things combined to remind me of this weirdly incestuous scene in the 1998 film Hush (Lange is playing his mother) seen above and viola, this post.

But as I was looking through an assortment of photographs of him in his various film roles - for research, of course - I noticed a career commonality: he's wet an awful damn lot in his movies. Hosed down, poured on, splashing around... he always seems to be floating in a bath-tub or just finishing a shower. So I decided to rip a page from Adam (of Club Silencio)'s play-book and highlight this as his Signature... that's a crafty way of me branding this as something more than just an excuse to post a bunch of pictures of him half-naked and wet, right? Seriously, this post wasn't meant to be so big but I just kept finding instances of this in his films... how strange, right? An odd phenomenon. Crazy!

Welcome to Woop Woop

Brave New World

The Doom Generation

Angels Fall

Splendor

Road House 2

Sparrow

How to Make an American Quilt

(most of these pics are via here)
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i luuuuurve him.

Prospero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prospero said...

I just saw "Quarantine" and didn't even realize it was him until the credits rolled at the end. Of course, I may have been a bit distracted by the oh-so-beautiful Jay Hernandez...

Glenn said...

See, now here is someone who - while quite obviously ripped - is just kind of foul looking. It's quite obvious he's just vein and doesn't want to grow old as opposed to being naturally fit.

P.L.C. said...

This guy is about to become a household word~!!!!