Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Am Link

.
--- Viva La Pfeiff - Nat wishes his main home-girl Michelle Pfeiffer a happy 51st birthday, as do I, and I share his enthusiasm (although I could never match the intensity that Nat brings to the table where she is regarded) that she's back on movie screens these days. She was missed. There aren't that many lady-peoples in the movies that make me swoon the way she does.

--- Speaking Of Swoon - Nat is also playing the "Brad Davis in Midnight Express" card, specifically that frustrating yet heart-pounding shower scene for the ages, which is a trick I will pony up to see every damned time. If you wanna see a little of my attachment to the lamented Mr. Davis, click here. Dude's tops.

--- Cow Warning - Piper admits to a deep dark secret that I completely and utterly share with him. So so much.

--- Miss Child - Cinematical has the trailer for Julie and Julia - the movie where Meryl Streep channels master-chef and giantess Julia Child and Amy Adams will presumably be adorable - and can I just tell you that the title for this film makes my brain hurt? I didn't even notice for a good long while that it wasn't called Julia and Julia like I thought it was, but ever since I did notice now I can never remember which order it's supposed to be in and I have to stare at it for like five minutes every time. I don't know, I just can't deal with it. I am simple though.

--- Big To Little Edie - I think I liked the Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange version of Grey Gardens more than Adam at Club Silencio did, but I have to quote this from his review because I think it's beautifully put:

"The Beales' shared dreams and tattered remains do eventually translate, but only after too many orchestrating scenes of Edie trying to escape and those ever-painful "biopic moments" that seek to define a history rather than deliver it. It's no different than a film like Van Sant's recent Milk, which turns a radically emotional and personal documentary into a more calculating take on its characters - to the benefit of some perspective and to the loss of so much personality. Both are fine films by any standard, but too bound by structure to pull at my heart-strings."

I think that's the perfect definition of what much of my problem with Milk was, too.

--- Inside Turned Out - The directing-duo behind the very very disturbing French horror film Inside - the one where scary-toothed Beatrice Dalle wanted to steal a baby right outta the womb (my review) - have announced their next film called Livid, and it will be in English. Twitch has the details. This is of course after they ditched the Hellraiser remake presumably due to The Assholes Weinstein, which made me like them more than ever.

--- And finally, HEEEYYYY YOOOOOUUU GUUUYYYS!!!!!! It's The Goonies! (via; via)

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm growing in front of you!"

-priceless

PIPER said...

What happened to Chunk? That guy isn't a chunk anymore.

And who's the bearded dude on the far right?

And where are the Fratellis?

So many questions.

And thanks for the link JA. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

PIPER said...

Oh,

And the red head is still a hottie.

Glenn said...

I love that Josh Brolin is there. Kevin Bacon could learn a thing or two from him about being grateful to star in a big '80s genre hit.