Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Hans Off And Orange Julius Say Hi

.
There's an interview with the artist John Pound over here that's well worth checking out if you were a devotee of the Garbage Pail Kids card series, which I, unsurprisingly, most definitely was. GPK had a pretty darned profound effect on me - I can't tell you how many hours of my teenage life were spent copying his images into notebooks. But it was a lot. Anyway, Pound talks up the process of how the cards came about, and there are some images I'd not seen before at the link too, so check it. Look at his Sarah Palin:

.

1 comment:

Stacie Ponder said...

That Palin is AWESOME! I was soooo into GPK... man, I can't believe they're still going.

My friend Brent is an artist on the sets...obviously, he has the coolest job ever.

I'm feelin' all nostalgic now.