Tuesday, March 17, 2009

See The Centurion Lady

Somehow I missed this yesterday (I must've had my face buried in chocolate chips at that exact moment... it happens all the time), but here's the first picture I've seen from Neil "The Descent" Marshall's next flick, Centurion:


(via) That's former Bond-woman Olga Kurylenko as Etain, “a savage-looking Pict warrior woman.” That link gives a little more inofo on her character:

"“Etain is kind of revenge incarnate,” says the writer/director, speaking to Empire exclusively on set. “Her family were butchered by the Romans, she had her tongue cut out by the Romans, she’s had a hell of a time and she’s out for Roman blood.”

“She’s quite furious,” agrees Kurylenko. “Because one sense is not there – she can’t speak – all the others are more developed. She sees very well and hears very well: she is an animal!”"

I previously posted on this flick here. I wonder if this is going to be as off-the-wall insane as Doomsday was? Olga would've fit in that movie wearing that get-up.
.

4 comments:

J.D. said...

Keira Knightley much?

Jason Adams said...

Except for the fact that Knightley still has her tongue. UNFORTUNATELY.

Joe Reid said...

Yeah, I thought Keira too. And you know she keeps her tongue well guarded by that clenched jaw. Y'all ain't never getting at it.

Anonymous said...

Is it too ungracious of me to wish that someone could point out to Ms. Kurylenko that speech is not one of the five senses?