Monday, February 16, 2009

Today's Fanboy Delusion

Today I'd rather be...


... getting my ass handed to me by Tahmoh. (caps via)

I couldn't pass up this opportunity obviously. But what did we all think of Dollhouse's first episode? I stand pretty much with the critical consensus, that it was alright but I'm ready for it to get better. Deeper. Less CSI: Fried Synapses. Which it supposedly does in a few episodes. Let's just pray that FOX sticks to their word since it did terribly in the ratings. Because what else would it do? I was excited about it after all, and my touch is poison. Poison!!!
.

5 comments:

Carl Joseph Papa said...

it was quite good and interesting

Anonymous said...

Well, I was bored out of my mind. I didn't get the kickboxing scene.

I heard that somebody saw the first three episodes. They said that it does get better.

It's a pilot. It's supposed to suck.

Jason Adams said...

I don't think there's really anything to "get" with regards to the kickboxing scene except that Tahmoh looks really really great half-naked. It was totally gratuitous and Joss confessed to such when I saw him speak at ComiCon. And that's okay from where I'm standing. ;-)

Ian said...

Intrigue and potential. While I go into more detail on my blog, those were the two notions I carried away from Friday's premiere even if there were a few missteps therein.

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge Whedon fan. I have all the DVDs of "Buffy", "Angel", and "Firefly". I have Buffy figures, the Buffy board game and the RPGs of "Buffy" and "Angel." And "Dollhouse" bored me to tears. I felt the writing was lazy, the acting was way uneven, and the pacing was glacial. I'll check back in about a month and see how it is. But, in my opinion, that pilot was just bad.