Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Man Who Fell To Earth In 150 Words Or Less

.
I ask this in all sincerity, because I just couldn't get into it: what drugs was I supposed to be on to make this movie tolerable? Seeing as how there were about ten to fifteen minutes of admittedly really great visuals spread across 2 and 1/4 hours of alternating between the mind-numbingly banal and the nonsensically bizarre, I think it would have to be something that really slowed down my perception of reality so I'd only notice the screen every few minutes or so. Morphine maybe? A lot of morphine?

Like... a whole lot.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny. I saw the director's cut in a film class,but I don't remember much. I remember that I really like this movie though. It was strange and slow moving at times. I remember that Candy Clark simply thrilled me in her performance. Other than that..there are some images that are burned in my brain. The scene that I remember most was Candy Clark and the pop gun sex scene. So crazy-especially being shot in the mouth while giving a bj to the gun! Wasn't Rip Torn in it too? I seem to remember that they had aged considerably at the end of the film. Anyway..I remember fond things of the film, but it as been 10 years