Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Damn Damn Damn

.
Why? Why do I have to be tormented like this? Really, David? Why ya gotta hurt me like this? Me, who's been there for you forever. Ugh. Via:

"Those moviegoers hoping to see Denzel Washington and Tom Cruise face off on the big screen will get their chance with MGM's big-budget adaptation of "The Matarese Circle." Cruise is in final negotiations to take on the role of the Russian spy Vasili Taleniekov, mortal enemy of American intelligence operative Brandon Scofield, to be played by Washington.

"Eastern Promises" director David Cronenberg will direct the globetrotting potential franchise-launcher."

It just isn't happening with Cruise for me anymore ever again. I know, the world seems to have more or less moved on from their couch-jumping glib grudges thanks to his "funny" "performance" in Tropic Thunder. I have not, I refuse, and he is going to be the death of me. It's one of us, Cruise, and I'm not giving up! Go ahead, suck David Cronenberg into your cult bullshit. Take 'em all! I'll go live in a fucking cabin in the middle of nowhere and churn butter or some shit before I let you win.
.

3 comments:

Ross said...

My love for Cronenberg trumps my hatred of Cruise.

PIPER said...

I take you one further.

I'm done with Cruise. Have been for some time. And his "funny" term was nothing more to me than a desperate "hey, I'm normal" plea.

And I'm getting done with Cronenberg as well. He has betrayed himself with these movies. Give me more of Scanners, The Brood, The Fly and eXistenZ and less of this "I can direct like everyone else" shit.

Glenn Dunks said...

Ugh, he was perhaps the worst thing about Tropic Thunder.