Thursday, January 08, 2009

Three frivolous thoughts...

... that struck me as I was finishing up watching the odd and challenging film Heartbeat Detector last night:

1 - Mathieu Almaric is funny looking, in a wholly captivating way. I could stare into his pug-eyes forever. I think I love him.


2- Why was the French title La Question humaine translated to the clunky phrase Heartbeat Detector, instead of its natural translation The Human Question? Sure, the latter isn't especially the most captivating of phrases, but I think it's better than what they came up with. Even after watching the film and knowing what Heartbeat Detector refers to it still strikes me as clumsy.

3 - Almaric could totally play Roman Polanski if they ever make a bio-pic.


This has been three frivolous thoughts that struck me as I was finishing up watching the odd and challenging film Heartbeat Detector last night. Thank you.
.

3 comments:

J.D. said...

Mathieu je t'aime.

RJ said...

And he DID act opposite Roman's wife last year (I <3 Emmanuelle Seigner)

Glenn Dunks said...

I think Jamie Bell should play Polanski. ...