Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quote of the (Yester)Day

Faye Dunaway's reaction to Hilary Duff's casting as Bonnie Parker in a retelling of the Bonnie & Clyde story:

"Couldn't they at least cast a real actress?"

Heh. Bless the fact that Faye Dunaway has nothing to lose and can speak her crazy-bat's mind these days... I wish they'd put a microphone in front of her more often actually, I'd love to hear more of her opinions. I'm sure they'd be... fruitful. They should let her into Congress, shit would get done. "Don't fuck with me, fellas!" I'm waiting for a second season of The Starlet really. DON'T CALL US WE'LL CALL YOU! Love you, Faye...

As for the movie itself... well I'm surprisingly not outraged about it. It's not actually a remake of Arthur Penn's classic 1967 film, it's just another telling of the B&C myth, so that doesn't so much bother me. The story's one of our iconic American tales and will surely be told a million different times and a million different ways. I'm not saying I'll ever watch this, but it doesn't fill me with rage either. And sure, he might not be a Clyde-era Warren Beatty - no one will ever be that - but Kevin Zegers is a pretty damn thing all the same.

.

3 comments:

Dame James said...

Faye Dunaway is a national treasure. She has the balls to say exactly what everyone else is thinking. Come back to us, Faye!

Calum Reed said...

How Mommie Dearest of her. I wonder if she had a face pack on at the time...

I think Hilary Duff is a good role model but as an Actress, that comment is putting it kindly.

Pax Romano said...

I love Faye, and she's right, they could have at least put a real actress in the role.

That said, the real Bonnie Parker was a short, plain looking, cigar smoking, brunette. So maybe one of the Jonas brothers could fill the role.