Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Frost/Nixon In 150 Words Or Less

That slash is all wrong in his movie's title.
This is how it should have read:


I mean, bless Frank Langella, he's a trooper, he was Dracula for heaven's sake, but from where I was sitting this was Michael Sheen's movie and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Terrific work, Mr. Sheen.

Everybody was calling that wedding movie Anne Hathaway's Norbit, but at least she got a nomination - why is nobody calling Underworld: Rise of the Lycans the murderer of Sheen's buzz?


Because he never had any buzz? Oh, yes, right you are.

Well, I couldn't take my eyes off of him anyway. Except when Ron Howard's unparalleled directorial lameness was getting in the way, that is. What a turd Opie is behind the camera. Blecch.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could not agree with you more. I've had a secret crush on him ever since The Queen and thought he was fantastic in this.

Sally Belle said...

I agree also. That's two for two where he kicked ass and was overshadowed by a more famous actor.

Sheen should be nominated in Best Actor and Langella in Supporting.