Monday, December 01, 2008

I Am Link

Wowza, got a lot to catch up on this morning after stuffing myself silly for five straight days. I trust everyone had a pleasant holiday? Or non-holiday-related five days or so? Good. On we go.

--- Button Reviewed - Moriarty at AICN got to see David Fincher's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and reviewed it. I did not really read said review because I don't want to ruin too much of the film beforehand for myself (I have never read the story), but I skimmed far enough along (i.e. the second paragraph) to get the basic tone of the review:

"BENJAMIN BUTTON is one of the most piercing, beautiful, eccentric studio movies in recent memory, an exquisitely crafted film about memory, love, opportunity, and the passage of time. Technical wizardry and emotional delicacy combine to create an experience that is, for lack of a better word, magic."

Read the rest here if you dare. I have diverted so much of my remaining hope for falling in love with a movie this year onto this movie it ain't fair to anybody, but it is all the same.

--- Speaking of what's left for the remainder of the year, Joe at Low Resolution gives us Part 5 of his terrifically useful Fall Movie Preview guide. From Benjamin Button to Brothers Bloom and beyond!

--- And speaking further of David Fincher, Slash/Film has got info on his next project, that rumor that floated around last week regarding Keanu Reeves and something to do with a chef... they say:

"'The Untitled Chef Project' is a screenplay by Steven Knight, the screenwriter behind Dirty Pretty Things, Amazing Grace, Eastern Promises, and Martin Scorsese’s upcoming Dennis Lehane adaptation Shutter Island. ... So what is the movie about?

“A Michelin-level chef tries to make a comeback from major personal issues. He gathers his old friends together as his ‘dream team’ and ends up falling in love with the newest member of the group.”

I'm curious about how Fincher would use Keanu... since, well, he is kind of just a prop to be used.

--- Too Sexy For His Adamantium Claws - Via Empire comes another picture of Hugh Jackman in Wolvy garb (seen there to the right, click him to embiggen). And yes, I'll probably post every one I see, just cuz I certainly am never going to grow tired of looking at them.

--- Hey Hey It's The Hobbit - Guillermo del Toro gave out some details on his adaptation of the Lord of the Rings prequel this weekend; he says that it'll be a full year's shoot starting in 2010, and blah blah blah tons of geek-toe-curling details about goblins and shit.

--- Everybody Remember that remake of The Stepfather starring Nip/Tuck's Dylan Walsh and Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley that I drooled over the fictional possibilities of in a terribly salacious manner way back when? Yeah well there's still not much to report - I keep waiting for some pictures or something, but no - but BD does have the film's official synopsis and it's doing nothing to dissuade my pervy mind from the possibilities of filthiness inherent in the premise:

"Michael Harding (Penn Badgley) returns home from military school to find his mother (Sela Ward) happily in love and living with her new boyfriend, David (Dylan Walsh). As the two men get to know each other, Michael becomes more and more suspicious of the man who is always there with a helpful hand. Is he really the man of her dreams or could David be hiding a dark side?"

It'd be such a shame if they don't gay this shit up. Changing the lead from female to male is just begging for it, dudes! Sigh. It's out next October.

--- Good Gutten-Lord - Somebody put a mic in front of Steve Guttenberg and he started jabbering again. Now he says that there is going to be another Police Academy movie! Oh dear I have seen the PA movies too many times in my life. How I loved them as a kid. The Gute also says they'd love for Sharon Stone and Kim Catrall to be a part of the films somehow, since they were each in the films as different points. Uh huh. And then The Gute goes on to say he and Tom Sellack and Ted Danson are dying to do another Three Men and a [fill-in-the-blank] movie. I am sure they all are dying for a job. Ugh! Why can't I stop loving Steve Guttenberg? He will haunt me all my days.

--- And finally, Bad Horse is coming! The DVD of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog has been officially put up on Amazon for pre-order and Joss Whedon explains why you should pay $13.49 for it. It's out on December 19th, although Joss says they're trying to get it out sooner. Yeehaw lil' doggie!
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope David's dark secret is that he wants to fuck his step son. :)

J.D. said...

Steven Knight! I oddly notably like him as a writer. I didn't know he wrote Shutter Island though?! Man, that, combined with the Scorsese and "Emily Mortimer plays crazy/wins Oscar" aspects, already has me drooling over it.

J.D. said...

Also, Penn Badgley, mmmmmmmmmm.

Bea said...

Eh, remaking "The Stepfather?" Yeah, it would be awesome if they played up any homoerotic tensions and Badgley does have experience doing that on "Gossip Girl," but...I'm already wincing at the idea. The original is awesome! You don't replace Terry O'Quinn with Dylan Walsh! Maybe my Sean McNamara hate is bleeding over, but I am NOT confident about this one.

How 'bout we just get a dvd release on the original instead? Heheheh.