Monday, November 03, 2008

Quote of the Day

.
"Do I want it? You bet your fucking ass I do! I think that people assume that I don’t care or don’t want it or don’t need it or something. It’s hard to be there five times, and I’m only human, you know? But I don’t go home and cry, because we’re all grown-ups here.”"

That's my beloved Kate Winslet in the new issue of Vanity Fair (via) talking in her always refreshingly candid manner about the Academy Award she is so disgustingly overdue in receiving.

I'm considering moving to Los Angeles and going to acting school and slowly working myself up through the ranks of actor-dom until I am cast in some super successful awards season flick of my own where I win my own Oscar, all just so I can become a member of the Academy and vote for her to win an Oscar. It's foolproof, I tells ya!

Also, look at that pic! Va-va-va-voom! Sexy lady. ETA Over at JJ you can see some more pictures from the issue.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is so hot it knocked me all the way from straight through gay back into straight again.

Jason Adams said...

I thought of you when I posted it, Sean!

mB said...

Oh, how I love me some Kate.

Anonymous said...

i think her chances are pretty strong this year - particularly if she's nominated as supporting for Reader - judging by the trailer it looks like a knockout!