Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bring On The Togas

.

According to this piece at AICN, Aussie actor Sam Worthington (who is most definitely Someone To Watch these days thanks to upcoming roles in Terminator Salvation and James Cameron's Avatar) is poised to take the Harry Hamlin role of Perseus in an update of Clash of the Titans, while British actor Henry Cavill (the fine-looking chap that should've gotten the lead on The Tudors over that coke-eyed fop Jonathan Rhys-Meyers) will probably take the lead role in Tarsem "The Cell and The Fall" Singh's film War of the Gods. Here's the plot of War:

""War of Gods" is a mythological tale set in war-torn ancient Greece, as the young warrior prince Theseus leads his men in a battle against evil that will see the gods fighting with soldiers against demons and titans."

Greek gods are the new Truman Capote! Anyway, this news interests me because these films will inevitably be big greasy balls (ahem) of homoerotica, as these films always are, and Worthington seems attractive (although I haven't seen him in anything yet [ed. - except Greg McLean's Rogue, duh!]) enough to garner my... curiosity... while Cavill is indisputably drop dead fucking gorgeous...

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Worthington dude was in Rogue.

Jason Adams said...

Blurgh! So he was. Silly me, I should've double-checked that statement of mine before making such a pronouncement. I spaced on Rogue. I barely remember him in that movie... I barely remember that movie, which is a shameful admission, isn't it, seeing as how much I love the director. Blurgh twice over.

Anonymous said...

worthington is SO HOOOOOOOOOOTTTT! I've seen him in 'gettin square' and 'somersault' and I enjoyed both of those films.

heh heh. Blurgh.

scroggins said...

Rhys-Meyers, despite being a coke-eyed fop, was very quite good in Match Point. C'mon, you know you thought so. *nudges elbow into ja's ribs* eh? eh? yeah.

Anonymous said...

"... while British actor Henry Cavill (the fine-looking chap that should've gotten the lead on The Tudors over that coke-eyed fop Jonathan Rhys-Meyers)"

Oh my sweet rubbery Jesus, yes!

Can't stand JRM. He's so completely wrong as Henry v. 8.0. And he and ScarJo were effective in Match Point precisely because of their empty-eyed rapacity, rather than in spite of it. Fiendish bit of casting by Mr. Allen, there.