Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Asking Bryan Fuller, Part The 2nd

[For Part 1 of my interview with Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller, click here.]

For this, the second half of my interview with Bryan Fuller, I decided we'd gotten the serious business outta the way and we could now let down our tresses and throw sanity to the wind. I figured it's October and I know Mr. Fuller's got a taste for the macabre like I do, so I went ahead and asked some horror-flavored queries... only with some MNPP-specific lunacy along for the ride. Behold the weirdness!

And y'all can play along too! Answer these questions yourselves in the comments! It's a free-for-all orgy of Halloween ridiculousness, whee!

-------------------------

MNPP) Do you still actively celebrate Halloween? Dress up at all? If so what'll you be this year? I went as Donnie Darko the year before last and it fulfilled something deep within myself that I didn't realize existed.

Bryan Fuller: I'm usually working. But this year, it's on a Friday so I'm compelled to celebrate proper by borrowing a Tiffany-blue nun costume from wardrobe. [ed. - I apologize to Bryan for that image to the right. I just couldn't help myself.]

MNPP) Do, Dump, or Marry:
Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolf Man.


Bryan: Do the Wolf Man (I'm imagining David Naughton in "American Werewolf in London"), Marry Dracula (I'm imagining George Hamilton in "Love at First Bite"), Dump Frankenstein (any of them, really, although Boris Karloff had a certain handsomeness about his brood).


MNPP) If you could remake one horror film, what would you choose? Choose wisely!

Bryan: Halloween III: Season of the Witch. Mull it over. [ed. - I have mulled. Unless he really loves children's heads turning into maggoty-goo - and who doesn't? - I don't know the answer! Any suggestions, peanut gallery?]

MNPP) Favorite horror film alcoholic: Barb (Margot Kidder) in Black Christmas, Wilma (Adrienne Barbeau) in Creepshow, or Nancy's mother Marge (Ronee Blakely) in A Nightmare On Elm Street? [ed. - There is no wrong answer to this question; they are all divine.]


Bryan: Margot is my all-time trans-genre favorite film alcoholic and has one of my favorite lines uttered by anyone ever: "You can't rape a townie." God bless Barb Coard.

MNPP) You hold the magic amulet that will reanimate Ruth Gordon and force her to do your bidding [ed. - thanks to Billy Loves Stu for planting the "Zombie Ruth Gordon" seed]. What do you do with her, hot-shot? What do you do?

Bryan: First, I would command her to autograph my "Harold and Maude" and "Rosemary's Baby" memorabilia. Then I would command her to tell me stories about the makings of "Harold and Maude" and "Rosemary's Baby" and the "Which Way" movies with Clint and Clyde the Orangutan. And then while she's in a Clint Eastwood nostalgia zone, I'd take her to the Warner Bros. lot and command her to introduce me to Clint Eastwood and speak highly of me in my absence.

-------------------------

So that's it. This is what we're taking with us - Bryan Fuller wants to marry George Hamilton, has an encyclopedic knowledge of Quantum Leap, and dresses like a nun in his spare time. Spread the word!

Seriously, a most sincere thank you to Bryan for taking the time out of his crafting-indelible-entertainment schedule to indulge my rambling whims.

Now y'all go tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend to
Watch Pushing Daisies -
Wednesday nights
at 8pm on ABC.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would Do Drac, Dump Frank, and Marry the Wolf Man.

Ronee Blakley forever!!!

Pax Romano said...

I am so glad to see that Ruth Gordon's reanimation could some how be fit into this brilliant interview.

And three cheers for Marge Thompson!

Anonymous said...

No disrespect to Mr. Fuller but he is not giving Frankenstein his due. He is quiet, loyal, and tall, definitely the marry choice. Dracula would play around too much.
We need specifics on the Rosemary's Baby memorabilia