Friday, September 05, 2008

Gratuitous Steven Strait

...

In honor of my having finally gotten around to watching 10,000 B.C. last evening (when I told y'all yesterday that instead of watching John McCain's speech I was planning on watching a dumb movie, I had a specific dumb movie in mind, see) and realizing that hmm, I might not have forever to post some gratuitous love for its star Steven Strait because god he's bad in this movie, everything's so bad in this movie, I am OD'ing on the cheese, seriously, and would you stop staring at the screen like that Camilla Belle, you're killing my brain-cells with your stupid face, but man alive I can keep watching because underneath that caked-on mud and store-bought batch of dreads you sure are purdy, Steven Strait, and I might not be able to appreciate that for long since this movie could very well be a career-killer. I have no recollection of Mr. Strait's character in Stop-Loss, but he does have two future projects listed, so perhaps there's hope. For now... take no chances! Appreciate the beefcake while possible and/or semi-relevant! Forthwith! And it's a lot, praise be, because the sweet boy has been generous with his loveliness. I'll refrain from judging his need to exploit said loveliness due to the acting or lack thereof he displayed in 10,000 B.C.... ahem...

..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Motherofgod WHY haven't I heard of this sexy beast before?! I need a hankie!

Anonymous said...

The movie was really, really bad. I hate to admit that Apocalypto did it much better. And I hate the fact they didn't expand on the actual "Atlantian" culture hinted at in the movie.

All in all, disapointing.

And the lead wasn't near naked enough!

J.D. said...

Yup.

NATHANIEL R said...

jesus. i had no idea he was this purty and i sat through the entirety of 10,000 MINUTES (that's how long it lasted -fuck BC)