Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pics of the Day

USA Today has a preview of the trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which apparently hits the internets tonight at 9pm. A preview with pictures! Two, to be exact:


That second one is dear old Dumbledore, of course. The first one is of Hero Fiennes-Tiffin (Ralph's nephew) as the young Tom Riddle, aka He Who Shall Not Be Named, aka Lord Voldemort. For those of you familiar with the story, you know that Voldemort's history is a big heaping pile of what's important about this chapter in the Potter tale, so we'll presumably see plenty of this young chap in the film.

It's all starting to get so fuzzy; does anyone else feel that way? I haven't read any of the books more than once, so it's been three years since I read this book, and lord knows I flew through the thing as quickly as possible. I remember the vague details... I should probably plop down and read the whole damned thing again. Grumble. I need a cloning machine to do everything pop-culture-related that I tell myself I need to get done. Like that Michael Keaton movie... with a little extra fun-homicide just for the hell of it. Lord knows if he'd gone and killed Andie MacDowell that movie would've been so much better.
.

2 comments:

Joe Reid said...

I won't be the first (or last) to mention this, but that second pic looks crazily Gandalfic. (New word! Copyright!)

SamuraiFrog said...

Now if the clones could go back in time and get to Andie MacDowell before she singlehandedly destroyed Four Weddings and a Funeral...