Monday, July 28, 2008

One More Thing...

... about The X-Files sequel that I can't believe I forgot to mention earlier (and yes, this is terribly, terrifically, tremendously spoilery):

The bad guy is played by Callum Keith Rennie! Aka Leoben from Battlestar Galactica.


And not only that, but... he's gay... and an organ thief... who's harvesting female bodies for his husband's (there's a line about them getting married in Mass.) decapitated head.

Um... yes. I just said what I just said.

The plot... well, it's weird and unexplained, which I am fine with. I don't need it all laid bare, that erases the creepy factor. I guess maybe Leoben wasn't gay in the "I like dick" sense, but he fell in love with a man and then wanted his husband's brain attached to a woman's body...?

It's a... bit fuzzy, really. Really. REALLY. Seriously. Anyway, Callum's fine, if underutilized, in the movie. And yes Joseph, I am starting to come around to thinking he's attractive. He gets a little lost amongst the Bambers and Peniketts and Truccos (oh my), but he is a handsome chap indeed.

.

2 comments:

Joe Reid said...

It took you until past 4:00 to tell me this. I don't even know who you are anymore.

Also: that wasn't the A plot of the movie, wasn't it? I'm finding it difficult to tie Billy Connolly's bloody eyeballs to that.

Jason Adams said...

Billy was having visions of missing girls. The FBI was using him to see if the visions would lead them to the girls. Turns out, they were kidnapped to steal their body-parts to give to CKR's boyfriend-head.

So you see, it makes perfect sense! ;-)