Tuesday, July 22, 2008

5 Off The Top Of My Head - Faris Face

.

I rewatched Gregg Araki's Smiley Face for maybe the fourth time this weekend. It's a film that only gets funnier with more screenings, I swear. Y'all owe yourselves a viewing.

With House Bunny coming out in a couple of weeks, I feel the need to amp up the Faris coverage... the world needs to get on board with the fact that she's the funniest person alive. For real. So somewhat randomly, here are five still taken from Smiley Face of Faris' many stoned freak-out expressions that make me giggle uncontrollably by just glancing at them.


You wouldn't believe the vast array of complex, stoned emotions Faris displays in this movie. I could've posted a dozen more pictures. Here's just one bit of wisdom to tide you over:

"People would be all like: Jane, why do you have a photo of President Garfield on your mantle? And I'd be like: Because I like lasagna, of course. "
..

9 comments:

timothy grant said...

Smiley Face can be viewed on Netflix.com if you have an account. Definitely worth seeing. The scene when she tries to back out of her carport alone had me in tears.

elgringo said...

I'm sorry, but it's those faces which make me refuse any viewings of any Faris film. She kills me...in a bad way.

Scott
he-shot-cyrus.blogspot.com

J.D. said...

The movie isn't all that good, but it's ALL HER. With any other actress, it probably would've been horrible.

She's THE comedic actor of our time, I swear. She's never not supernaturally hilarious, even when the material she's given is unholy crap.

Anna = <3

Jason Adams said...

It's not a "great" film by any stretch of the imagination, but you do become less annoyed by its faults with repeat viewings, JD. I still shut it off before the final couple of minutes happen because I HATE the ending.

Joe Reid said...

You hit my two favorite parts, dude. COME ON, FRANK and the lasagna story. Awesome.

J.D. said...

The ending does indeed suck ass, but I enjoyed the ride. Maybe I should watch it again soon...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for my new desktop background. C'mon man, its gonna be fucking transformative!

She wuz robbed of an Oscar.

Glenn Dunks said...

Still not available here!!!!!!!devilscumevil666!!!

Stacie Ponder said...

I need to see this. That expression in the headshot is fucking priceless. I love her!!