Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hey There, Dominic Cooper

.
On my way home from the concert last evening, I was flipping through the latest issue of GQ and stumbled upon a fashion lay-out featuring actor Dominic Cooper (the pics above are all from it). It reminded me of how effortlessly, infuriatingly wanton a bastard tease he was in The History Boys, and the memory made me smile, and I wondered what he's up to.

Well apparently I wasn't paying a lick of attention during the trailer for Mamma Mia! (which, despite the positive presences of Meryl Streep, Julie Walters, the lovely & amazing Amanda Seyfried, not to mention the music of ABBA which I think it's impossible to dislike even if it's the sort of thing that would seem to go against the fiber of one's very being, well despite all those things it's entirely likely I wasn't paying a lick of attention to the trailer because god that movie is still not up my alley) because that was he, Dom Cooper himself, as the hunk of singing beef out to woo my Mandy Seyfried up there. Who knew?


I did not know that. I still won't see that movie (okay, I won't see it in the theater, but I'll totally catch it some day on DVD just for Amanda Seyfried), but I certainly don't wish the film bad luck or failure with that cast and the fact that they're selling a wondrous talent like Amanda Seyfried so front and center is something that makes me very happy indeed. Also, it's nice to have been given the opportunity to post beefcake-y pictures of Dominic Cooper, who's awfully British for such beefcake-y shenanigans. The following pics are more along the lines of the sexy serious thespian glare I think of when I think of him...

.
Mamma Mia! is out on July 18th.
.

5 comments:

Joe Reid said...

"how effortlessly, infuriatingly wanton a bastard tease he was in The History Boys,"

Perfectly put, sir.

Anonymous said...

Why do you hate Jack Black?

Jason Adams said...

Personally, I don't think he's funny; I just find his thing annoying. He seems like an alright guy, I think he'd be cool to like have dinner with or hang out with, but when he "turns it on" for the cameras, with the bullshit "I'm kah-razy!" shtick... no. No thank you.

J.D. said...

He has a nice butt.

RJ said...

I noticed! Even though he looks as orange as a carrot like everyone else in that movie.