Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Am Link

Some of these are a couple days old, some are new... some borrowed some blue blah blah blah... if I seem more scattered than usual, it's because I am. Stick with me this week; it's rough waters, mentally. Yadda yadda, here's some shit.


--- Anything But A Birdcage Flashback, Please - Rodrigo Santoro is in the "Jim Carrey falls in love with Ewan McGregor" movie I Love You, Phillip Morris? Er... yes please. Rodrigo's always welcome. I do have high hopes for this one but, like Andy at Towleroad, am given pause by the Versace-soaked costuming in this first picture (seen above). Eww.

--- I Want To Believe - STYD has a new batch o' stills from the X-Files sequel, including that lovey-dovey one I posted yesterday as well as our first official look at Amanda Peet and Xhibit in character.

--- I Am Mr. Hand - Dread Central has the cover art (<---) and some info for the Director's Cut DVD release of Alex Proyas' fantastic 1998 film Dark City. Has it really been ten years? What a shame that Proyas has yet to recapture that magic.

--- Bilbo, Meet Guillermo - Hobbit director (feels surreal to say that and mean it) Guillermo Del Toro chatted with the requisite site The One Ring on what he plans to do with Tolkien's series.

--- An Evil Pig And An Evil Clown Walk Into A Bar - Lotsa news on the Clive Barker front (via BD); supposedly Dread, Pig Blood Blues, and The Madonna (all stories from his Books of Blood) are in line for film adaptations. We'll see... Barker's so often screwed up in translation I don't harbor a lot of hope here. For every Candyman there's ten Lord of Illusions, it seems. Makes me not want them to ever touch my favorite story, "In the Hills, The Cities" (best horror story ever written, btw).

--- Big Bad Ben - AICN talks with Michael Emerson, aka that cool mutha Benjamin Linus, of Lost.

--- Kaufman Unleashed - I'm linking to this story at Cinematical because it holds links to two pairs of images from Charlie Kaufman's Synecdoche, New York (probably the movie I'm most anticipating this year) and I'm too lazy to bother linking them myself. This post's gotten long, man.

--- And finally - seriously; finally - y'all should head over and check out Joe R.'s rundown of flicks he will not and will be seeing from the Summer 2008 crop o' flicks. Specifically, go yell at him about not wanting to see Indiana Jones and the Case of the Crystal Pepsi. I'm gonna.
.

No comments: