Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hello There, Mr. Dancy

.

That's Hugh Dancy on the set of Confessions of a Shopholic today here in Manhattan (via JJ).

Confessions is an adaptation of the book by Sophie Kinsella and is way off my usual beat, but it's the first movie the great P.J. Hogan (Muriel's Wedding) has directed since 2003's Peter Pan, and I'm a big fan of Hogan's, so I'll be keeping my eyes on this one.

There are more pics at JJ of the film's star Isla Fisher, but I chose the pic of Dancy because... well, I might as well come out and say it: Hugh Dancy is my new obsession. Not that I didn't take note of Mr. Dancy way back in January of 2007, but ever since thinking he acted circles around everyone on-screen in Evening he's been a little more on my radar and... well, slowly but surely I've found myself falling under his spell.

A shameful admission: I even watched the entirety of The Jane Austen Book Club for him a couple weeks ago. Well I fast-forwarded through big chunks of it, but I still saw it from start to finish. Hugh Dancy in spandex left and right! Hugh Dancy gushing about geeky sci-fi things! Hugh Dancy in a T-shirt with an ambitiously stretched-out collar!


Dancy Dancy Dancy! Swoon.

I love him. I do! There's no going back. I'm over the moon for him...

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was certain that I was the only one who watched The Jane Austen Book Club just to ogle Mr. Dancy.

Thank you for helping me realize I'm not alone. *sniff*