Wednesday, April 09, 2008

5 Off The Top Of My Head - How About That Battlestar, Eh?

In the five day interim between the fourth season premiere and right this very second, have we all grown tired of talking about the spectacular return of The Best Show On Television Battlestar Galactica? I hope not, because I'd really like to hear what y'all thought of it. First though, here's five things that struck me.


1) That opening battle sequence was probably the most beautiful spectacle the show has ever given us. Hell, it was one of the most beautiful spectacles I've ever seen, big or small screen.


2) Holy frakking shit he pulled the trigger!


3) No, not the Wheel Thing! No!!!
(a sentiment reiterated by Joe)


4) Did Anders' eye just...
yes, yes, it did. But... wha... frak!


5) Hey girl! Missed you!

And dudes - that was just the first ten minutes! Oh how I missed this show.

What did y'all love about the rest of the episode? And how did I not realize that Baltar's cult would move immediately into the sexy-time?

(pics from BSG Media)
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

#6. President Roslin fighting the urge to throw Starbuck out the airlock right off the bat.

#7. Baltar's Internal Six strutting down the runway in her fab red dress.

#8. Punk-ass Apollo whining some more (girl you may be cute but you are a punk).

#9. Helo, lit so enchantingingly from above.

Joe Reid said...

How did you not realize Baltar's cult wasn't going to be a sex cult??

ScottE. said...

loved it! One of my favorite hours of television...so satisfying after such a long wait.

I said the same thing as your #3.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be a nit-picky nancy, but you have The Darjeeling Limited listed twice. I didn't check to see if you gave it the same grade on both though... hmmmm. -b-r-i

mB said...

I love me some Mary McDonnel which is why my favourite moment was the last ten seconds of the entire episode... can't wait for Ep 2!!

Anonymous said...

I loved the look in Baltar's eyes when the little boy was well. We went from "If a sex cult is what you need I'm not one to stop it" to " Perhaps I am a savior"

Dancer in DC said...

Frak, this show is so great.

Is it weird that Helo is now the sensible, stable one on the ship?