Thursday, February 21, 2008

Conundrum!

.

Has it really be seven years? Christ. The last time I saw Radiohead perform was seven whole years ago. Bonkers. Anyway, ateaseweb is reporting that Radiohead is going to be headlining not one, but TWO nights of the All Points West Festival, what they're calling the east-coast answer to Coachella; this festival will take place at Liberty State Park across the Hudson River in Jersey on August 8-10, which is the same place I saw them perform all those many years ago (a fantastic show and location - the Statue of Liberty was right behind the stage! - although leaving the park turned into a bit of a nightmare). Says atease:

"Last month, we reported the rumours of Radiohead performing at an East Coast version of the Coachella Festival. As it looks now, the band will play even two shows at the festival.

URB reports in their newest issue that Radiohead will headline two of the three nights at All Points West, the New York City Festival. The festival, being put on by Coachella organisers AEG Live and Goldenvoice, will take place on August 8, 9 & 10. Technically, it’s not in New York, but on the other side of the Hudson: New Jersey’s Liberty State Park, where Radiohead played two headlining shows seven years ago."

Two nights of Radiohead! What do I do? That's a Friday through a Sunday. No word yet - hell, this isn't even officially confirmed, so who knows - which two of the three nights they'll be performing.... but I want to go to both shows, Thom help me. This is a deep, deep conundrum. Burrows itself into the fiber of my being and gnaws at me, it does.

All that the festival's website says is that we should look for announcements regarding acts and ticket sales in the upcoming weeks. Will do!
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got tickets to the Charlotte, NC show on May 9th. I squealed like a little schoolgirl when my transaction went through. A teeny venue in the South will have its own charm but there's no comparison to a Coachella-like festival! I will be envious!

Jason Adams said...

"Charm" is putting it lightly, jillybean! I saw them in 2000 at a small venue here in NYC and... it's MIND-BLOWING, seeing them in a smaller space. Congrats to you on scoring tickets!