Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Brave Radiohead-Defending One

.

I'm not gonna go so far as to say that these jerks got what they deserved, but with all their dissing of Radiohead I can't say I was especially displeased by Jodie Foster making with the blam-blam, ya know? Everybody's a critic. Sheesh.

I was really sort of with The Brave One until about the midway point. I can't really pin-point the moment it crumbled under the weight of its strange non-convictions, but it clearly wanted to be one thing - a water-cooler instigator of conversation on that fragile line between right and wrong - but never found the (dare I say it) balls to be that. I could see a really interesting movie in here somewhere, but it just kept towing the line and going for the easy answers. Everybody fit into their little boxes a little too neatly, when this is the sort of movie that needed to be much sloppier, much more deranged, than it ever allowed itself to become. For all of Jodie Foster's attempts at framing this as her adult, and female, response to Taxi Driver, it never came close to having that sort of power.
.

1 comment:

www.tarragona-3d.com said...

I found so much useful data in this post!