Friday, January 18, 2008

[Insert Bone-Quaking Roar Here]

.

Today's the day we've been waiting for! Cloverfield is here! So put down your crack-pipes and get thy bad selves to the cineplex, stat!

I have to wait until tomorrow to go; the boyfriend's flying back from a work-trip and isn't here until tonight, and to see it without him would be cruel and unusual. Sigh.

If you want to check out the reviews, it's at 76% positive on the TomatoMeter at Rotten Tomatoes as of right now.

I do have to take issue with one, however. No, as I just stated, I haven't seen Cloverfield yet, so attacking a critic's credibility on such a matter is... probably unwise, until I do actually see the movie. But Manohla Dargis ripped Cloverfield a new one today, and I just wanted to point out that this lady loved that sodden turd The Host and therefore cannot be trusted when it comes to Monster Movies ever again. FYI.
.

No comments: