Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Impossible #12

Okay, just one horror post today, just to clear up the photo from yesterday's Ways Not To Die that nobody's ever going to guess. This picture -


- is from 1981's Le lac des morts vivants, aka Zombie Lake, sometimes called the worst zombie movie ever made. I have not seen Zombie Lake, and only stumbled upon the picture through my oh-so in-depth online "research" which consisted of me googling the words "zombie bite."

However, now, after reading up a little on Zombie Lake, I think I might want to see it. It's that old-as-time-itself tale of a group of Nazi soldiers thrown into a cursed lake that brings their corpses back to life. Undead, flesh-chomping life!! Throw in what seems like make-up bought at the dollar store and hours of gratuitous nudity, and I think we've got a winner. Here are a couple other (NSFW!) pictures from Zombie Lake found off the internets:


Looks like a sure-fire horror classic! Here's a review of the film.

So with that mystery solved, we still have one picture left, then, #6, seen here:


And I'm not giving it to you! Somebody's gonna know it, I know! Where's my pal Sean, he'll know... here's a clue: it's included on his 35 Favorite horror films list right here.
.

8 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

Shiv...ers...?

GhoulieJulie said...

Maybe Cemetery Man? Haven't seen that in a while, and I don't remember that. It seems like it might fit though.

Jason Adams said...

Yay ghouliejulie! You got it!

GhoulieJulie said...

Yay ME! Thanks for the help, by the way!

GhoulieJulie said...

I can't believe I didn't remember that shot, 'cause I love the similar one in The Beyond and always thought that was so cool. Yep, probably high and mesmerized by Rupert's muscles in that one! I mean wow, I was surprised he was built like that...

Jason Adams said...

Well, Rupert was - by his own admission - a man-whore, so keeping in shape was surely a priority for him. I mean, that was when he was younger... presumably... but still.

It's a terrific movie.

Anonymous said...

I knew it right away, man. Of course. :)

And yes, Rupert was pretty glorious in that one. I say that as a fairly resolutely hetero fellow, too.

Anonymous said...

You should check out Tomb It May Concern for some Zombie Lake love. David Z. loves that movie.

If you're ever in Canada let me know. We'll have an Underwater Nazi Zombie movie marathon. I've got them all.