Friday, August 31, 2007

The Mist's Trailer!

.
Okay, so I know I said my goodbyes yesterday, but I don't actually leave until this afternoon and the following is the sorta awesomeness that forces me to come out of hiding at home and do a post: the trailer for Frank Darabont's super-duper-anticipated-by-me adaptation of Stephen King's The Mist - starring Thomas Jane, Toby Jones, and Marcia Gay Harden, amongst others - is online, over at Yahoo! (Thanks to Sean for the heads-up).

Two notes on the trailer - Marcia Gay Harden, at least from what they show of her in this clip, is not playing this as over-the-top as I expected her to; the part of Mrs. Carmody was built for chewing scenery, so her relatively relaxed line-readings are a surprise, and a welcome one at that. Secondly, they show a lot more of the beasties than I expected, and they're... okay. I kinda wish they showed less of them in the trailer, to be honest. Hopefully Frank Darabont realizes he needs to have the less-is-more approach here; I don't need a huge CG fest. I'm still anticipating the hell outta this one, though; it's such solid, great-time B-movie material. Here are some screen-grabs I took (there be spoilers therein!):

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just a little confused by this. Wasn't there already a movie based on this story? Or am I having another senior moment...

Glenn Dunks said...

Perhaps you're thinking of The Fog?

Also, they use Clint Mansell's Fountain score, so that's pretty awesome.

Ross said...

They're showing the trailer before Halloween - it looks even better on the big screen!!